I saw this makeup tag from The Simple Beginner – read her 40 questions makeup tag here. I don’t do many tags because I always thought I had to be tagged by another blogger to do one until I saw this…So here goes
* * * * * * *
1. How many times do you wash your face daily?
Twice. In the morning in the shower and once I remove my make up after work or a night out.
2. What skin type do you have?
Dry , dehydrated sensitive skin
3. What is your current face wash?
In the Morning I use Olay regenist and at night I use Human+ Kind with a muslin cloth
4. Do you exfoliate? Yes every second day
5. Which brand do you use? Garnier Pure Energy Fruit energy gel scrub
6. What moisturiser do you use?
Dirty works 8 in 1 Miracle cream (at Night along with Lipidol night oil) and Olay regenist in the morning
7. Do you have freckles? No.
8. Do you use eye cream? I do but I haven’t yet found a holy grail type at the moment I am using The BodyShop Vitamin C duo , one side has a cream and the other side has a roller
9. Do you or did you have acne prone skin? No.
10. Did you ever had to use Pro-Activ? No
* * * * * * *
11. What foundation do you use? I am deeply in love with Maybelline Fit me at the moment and also the Loreal infallible
12. What concealer do you use? I currently use the LA Girl Pro Conceal
13. Do you know your undertone colour? No lol but I assume I have a neutral undertone because I can never tell if my veins on my wrist are blue or green hahahhahahaha
14. What do you think of fake eyelashes? I like them and the volume the really natural eyelure ones provide, but I can’t seem to apply these without poking out my eye…any helpful tips please!
15. Do you know that your supposed to change your mascara every 3 months? Yes I do , and since I have a day job and use makeup daily I’m surprised when they last that long.
16. What brand of mascara do you use? At the moment is maybelline big eyes
17. Sephora or Mac? Since I don’t have access to a Sephora I would have to go with Mac
18. Do you have a Mac Pro-card? I wish
19. What makeup tools do you use in make-up application? This really depends on my mood but I use the beautyblender dupe, I purchased at ClickSA (UBU is the brand) and most days is either the Sigma F80 or Real Techniques buffing brush, or real techniques miracle sponge
20. Do you use a make-up base or primer for your eyes? Yes, essence I <3 stage or my new Avon lid primer
* * * * * * *
21. Do you use a makeup primer? Yes, at the moment is bodyography or Gosh cosmetics Velvet primer
22. What is your favourite eye shadow colour? I love really natural looks but my fav is definately the wet n wild black shadow ( not sure what its called 🙁 )
23. Do you use a pencil or a liquid eyeliner? Both. But day to day I use the LA Girl glide pencil and I am loving it so I haven’t reached for a liquid in months
24. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil? I think I did a few years ago when I started out but not recently
25. What do you think of pigment eye shadows? I sadly don’t own any pigments but when I watch guru’s on youtube I get an itch to buy some…the payoff looks amazing
26. Do you use mineral make-up? No.
27. What is your favourite lipstick? I don’t use lipstick , I prefer my lips just to be hydrated, so my go to right now is an EOS balm, very rarely I will add a gloss (neutral)
28. How about lip gloss? same as above
29. What is your favourite blush to use? My go to right now is the Maybelline fit me in Nude
30. Do you buy makeup on ebay? No, I would love to but I am way too impatient
* * * * * * *
31. Do you like drugstore makeup? I do. Its easily accessible and super affordable! Love it
32. Do you go to CCO’s (Cosmetic Company Outlets)? I haven’t seen any here, even Mac is generally based inside another larger retailer , they have like a Kiosk type set up
33. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? Yes, because I usually watch TV while I apply my makeup and if I’m watching comedy central I usually have to quit application from all the laughing
34. Name a makeup crime you hate. Those hideous painted on brows, I know not everyone is gifted but aim for a more natural look ladies …
35. Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick, blush, etc.) or neutral ones? I prefer neutral. I don’t mind color shades to play with or create looks , but I wouldn’t go out if it was too bright
36. What celebrity always wears great makeup? I love Jennifer Anniston…such a naturally enhanced beauty
37. If you could leave the house using just one makeup item, what would you choose? Definitely a CC / BB cream… The flawless canvas is super important , plus I’m blessed in the lashes and brow department so not much to do there, maybe pinch my cheeks lol
38. Could you leave the house without any makeup on? Yes 🙂 I have for many many years … My obsession is pretty recent
39. In your opinion, what is the best makeup line? I would have to go with Maybelline , or maybe revlon …Until I can get my hands on some more high end these are my go to’s
40. What do you think of make up? I love it , I have never been a girly girl and am a huge tomboy so when I play with makeup or wear some I feel very feminine even tho the fashion sense is still very tomboyish
* * * * * * *
If you’re interested or just wanted to do something fun and different, have a go at this tag, I’d love to see your responses too. Answering these questions were tons of fun and really got me thinking lol. All these are my honest opinions , don’t worry I don’t have any sponsorship’s YET lol
Have a wonderful day butiful…